jenniahart

The life of a WAHM, scrapbooker and Disneyland geek. Welcome to my crazy life!

Thursday, July 12, 2007

The calm before the storm

After 13 years with a child in the house I forgot how quiet it can be and how good it feels to have a good book to read in the quiet. This summer I've zipped through 6 or 7 romance novels and have enjoyed every minute of it. I've got a couple more to breeze through before the new Harry Potter book comes out on July 21.

I have everything done except fingerprinting so I guess I'm ready to go back to work/ school. I'm enjoying this week of rest before we launch into more preparations for Drew to start back. Starting Monday Drew will be in Guard Start, a pre-Lifeguard training class. Two weeks of that and he'll be back to school. I really love this school schedule. I get to enjoy the vacation time with Drew and he doesn't get completely bored each summer waiting for school to start. Mark and I did the bulk of the back-to-school uniform shopping while Drew was gone this week. Drew will be so excited that he can wear black clothes (uniforms) at the new school. Drew will be so happy that he doesn't have to go shopping for uniforms. He might even find himself liking uniforms if he isn't careful.


I signed up for a quilting class today. I'm debating though. Do I really want to take quilting or start working on the costume projects I have planned? I ought to get Mark's pirate shirt cut out and then decide if I really need to take the quilting class now or if I should wait a few weeks. I got Simplicity 3758 to make some shirts for Mark (and I.) See it here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home